Thursday, June 14, 2007

Relying on God. It's a good thing.

So, that interviewed I mentioned I had here? Well, today (a week and a half later- this HAS to be the longest hiring process ever ;) ) I got a call for a final interview. YAY!

I really do want the job. The place won (again) one of the "Best Christian Workplaces Institute" awards by the BCWI. The people I'd work with seem SO fun. And it's pretty much exactly what I am looking for. It's down to me and one other person. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be upset if I didn't get it.

BUT, I am choosing to trust the Lord in this. He knows my heart, He knows who's best for this position, and I certainly don't want a job that is outside of His plan for me. So, I am trusting Him and following Him in this venture.

Doubt is not a option here. Giving into the "why would they want me" and the "I'm sure they'll find someone better" aren't an option here. Believing those things is giving into Satan and I won't do that. I have good, Godly friends who speak love and truth into me and their "you're BEYOND perfect for the job!" and "why wouldn't they want you?" are like air to me at times when the enemy can get me down. And, most of all, they are praying for me. I love my friends. They're just such great people to have on your side.

So, I am asking the (literally) 10 people who read my little bloggy corner, will you pray for me too? The position is on the Campus Events team at a local Christian University & Seminary (want to guess which one?) planning and executing events. My final interview is on Wednesday at 1 pm. Thank you, I covet your prayers.

No comments: